Why choose Queen of Apostles School?
Some of the best reasons are our…
- Vibrant religious identity—Students attend weekly mass, have the opportunity to participate in the sacraments, are active in community outreach and pro-life activities, and get to hear from committed Catholic speakers.
- Dedicated professional educators—Our faculty members have nearly two hundred years combined teaching experience, and forty percent hold advanced degrees. They work hard to make Queen of Apostles a Christ-centered school in which students excel.
- Enriching curriculum—Our curricular offerings address the needs of diverse learners through leveled instruction in mathematics, science, English, computer science, religion, world language, social studies, and reading. Students participate in a variety of mathematics competitions and in the talent search offered by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth. We also provide daily resource and Title I support, and after-school tutoring and special academic assistance are available.
- TerraNova excellence—Queen of Apostles students consistently score above national averages on TerraNova standardized tests.
- Exciting extracurricular activities—Students may choose from a wide array of after-school activities and clubs such as CYO athletics, choir, band, MATHCOUNTS, and our chess, math, and Lego/robotics clubs.
- State-of-the-art technology—Interactive white boards in every classroom allow students to engage with the curriculum in unique, web-based ways. Our well-equipped computer lab gives students the tools they need to navigate our information technology–based society with confidence.
- Safe environment—Our faculty and staff take special training to ensure a secure school environment and they work daily to provide a safe place for children to grow in faith and knowledge. Likewise, students are trained to make good choices and practice virtue in all of their endeavors.
- Diversity—Students from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, united as one body in Christ, come together to learn with and from one another.
- Well-appointed facilities—In addition to our welcoming classrooms, our school boasts a beautiful gymnasium, an interactive science lab, and a recently expanded library.
- Enthusiastic parent-teacher organization—Parent volunteers collaborate with our faculty to enhance academic opportunities for students and to provide events and service opportunities that build up both the school and local communities.
- Programs that fit your schedule—Our full-day kindergarten and extended-day program keep students engaged and learning throughout the day. The morning extended day program begins at 6:45 AM and the afternoon program is available until 6:00 PM.